PEAKapp will support an energy efficient lifestyle of European citizens
PEAKapp targets the development of an unprecedented ICT -to- Human ecosystem. The app aims to:
- to trigger lasting energy savings in households through behavioral change and continuous engagement,
- to enable increased consumption of clean and low-priced electricity from renewable energy sources,
- to connect customers to Facebook,
- to motivate customers through an integrated serious game,
- to boost the efficacy of Smart Home building energy management systems by integrating their functionalities into the PEAKapp solution.
With this first close-to-market-ready attempt to provide households with a dynamic electricity tariff in the EU, the door is opened for the most significant impact on the household electricity market since its liberalization.
The ICT ecosystem will be designed to require smart meters as only hardware with respect to in-house equipment, such that the system can be implemented almost immediately, given the EU targets for smart meter roll-out. These low hardware requirements allow for a fast market uptake, and thus a noticeable impact on EU energy consumption can be experienced with almost no delay and without the need of having to equip the 230mio dwellings in the EU with any extra efficiency hardware. Read more about our Objectives & Results here.
Validation of the ICT ecosystem under real life conditions in the publicly owned social housing sector will be carried out in Austria, Estonia, Sweden and Latvia, and analyses of the collected data will allow for ground-breaking insights into consumer behavior, while outstanding EU energy market analyses will derive implications for regulatory practice to better support energy efficiency goals. Read more about our Scientific Methodology here.